The NAD C 3050 Stereophonic Amplifier! This beautiful retro-inspired amplifier combines classic design with modern features, creating a device that truly celebrates the past while embracing the future.
VINTAGE STYLE, MODERN FEATURES
The NAD C 3050 features retro LED-illuminated left and right VU meters and combines them with modern features such as hi-res multi-room streaming, MQA decoding, and Dirac Room Correction. It also includes AirPlay 2, two-way aptX HD Bluetooth, and HDMI eARC. With a phono stage and a dedicated headphone amplifier, the C 3050 is powered by the latest HybridDigital amplifier technology, rated at 100 watts per channel.
The C 3050 incorporates NAD's Modular Design Construction future-proofing technology. With MDC2, owners can add new features and functions by inserting an MDC2 module into a slot at the back of the component. The MDC2 BluOS-D adds two leading-edge capabilities: Dirac Live room correction and BluOS high-resolution multi-room music streaming.
TUNING THE ROOM With Dirac Live, the C 3050 overcomes the weakest link in most sound systems - the listening room itself. Using a calibrated microphone and an app running on your smart device, Dirac Live plays test tones through your speakers, then analyzes the results and creates filters that correct problems like standing waves and unwanted reflections. With Dirac Live enabled, you'll enjoy vastly improved bass definition, greater clarity and tonal accuracy, and more precise imaging.
A WORLD OF MUSIC
The MDC2 BluOS-D in the C 3050 gives you access to nearly all the music ever recorded through the intuitive BluOS app, which offers music from more than 20 popular streaming services, including Amazon Music Ultra HD, Deezer, Qobuz, and Tidal. It supports high-res audio to 24-bit/192kHz and even features MQA decoding and rendering capability for studio-quality playback from Tidal. With Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, and Tidal Connect supported, you can control playback by voice using Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Siri.
MUSIC EVERYWHERE The MDC2 BluOS-D installed in the C 3050 allows it to be part of a whole-home music system with as many as 64 zones, all with independent source and volume control. You can have different music playing in different zones, or group zones together and play the same music simultaneously.
CONNECT IT ALL
The C 3050 can accommodate all your source components with its full suite of digital and analog inputs. It even has an ultra-low-noise MM phono stage for vinyl fans and an HDMI eARC interface for movie and TV viewing. The C 3050 also features a subwoofer output, two-way Bluetooth aptX HD, and pre-out/main-in connections, which let you use the C 3050 as a preamp only and add a separate power amplifier.
Combining NAD’s iconic sound with a retro design inspired by the classic 3030 amplifiers, the C 3050 Stereophonic Amplifier pays tribute to NAD’s 50 years of innovation in amplifier design. Its advanced engineering provides capabilities that no audiophile could have dreamt of a half-century ago.
- Continuous output power into 8 ohms and 4 ohms 100W (ref. 20 Hz-20 kHz at rated THD, both channels driven)
- THD (20 Hz – 20 kHz) <0.03% (250 mW to 100 W, 8 ohms and 4 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio >95dB (A-weighted, 500 mV input, ref. 1 W out in 8 ohms)
- Clipping power >115 W (at 1 kHz 0.1 % THD)
- IHF dynamic power 8 ohms: 180 W, 4 ohms: 250W, 2 ohms: 300 W
- Peak output current >20A (in 1 ohm, 1 ms)
- Frequency response ±0.3 dB (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- HybridDigital UcD Amplifier
- MDC2 port for expanded functionality
- Optional MDC2 BluOS-D module adds BluOS Hi-Res multi-room music streaming and Dirac Live room correction
- MDC2 BluOS-D module provides access to more than 20 streaming services, including several that offer lossless and high-resolution audio
- Support for Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, and Tidal Connect
- Voice control via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Siri
- Network connectivity Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 Wi-Fi 5
- USB 1 x Type-A port for connection to USB memory stick (FAT32 or NTFS formatted) and supported peripherals
- Bluetooth quality aptX HD 5.0
- Bluetooth connectivity Two-Way (Receive and Headphone modes)
- High-performance 32-bit/384kHz Texas Instruments differential DAC
- Ultra-low-noise MM phono stage with infrasonic filtering circuitry
- One optical, one coaxial digital input
- HDMI-eARC input
- One set of line-level analogue inputs with low-noise buffer amplifiers
- Speaker A/Speaker B outputs
- Subwoofer output
- Dedicated headphone amplifier
- Supplied accessories include an IR remote control and a calibrated microphone for Dirac Live setup
- CI-Friendly – IR remote, 12V Trigger out, IR in
- Seamless integrations with smarthome control systems such as Control4, Crestron, RTI, URC, Push, Lutron, iPort, and Elan
- Gross dimensions (W x H x D) 435 x 110 x 355mm 17 1/4 x 4 3/8 x 14 inches
- Net weight 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Shipping weight 12.6 kg (27.8 lbs)